Soil is a social Enterprise whose essence is etched in 4 words
PEOPLE & PLANET. FIRST
With over 3 decades of global business advisory and strategic marketing, team SOIL witnessed the evolution of 'local to global' and its consequent economic surge however, at the cost of a dramatic depletion of our planet and a hopeless bypass of the masses, across the world.
Lack of inclusive growth and climate catastrophe, led us to conceive Soil of India. Committed to revive over a 200 million artisans
(the world's largest sustainable lifestyle production base. 60% women) by globally repositioning the magnificence of their all natural, handmade creations - a legacy of India's heritage and culture of over 5000 years
Initiated in 2012 with 6 years of research and over 100,000 miles of travel into the gut of India SOIL laid the foundation of a robust
'Sustainable Lifestyle' platform, aligned to 5 of the 17 UNSDGs,
that is in timely congruence with an exponentially growing
world-wide movement of 'Conscious Consumerism'.
The story does not have an end thus far, as it's merely a prelude
to a movement of epic proportions, envisioning the creation
of the World's Largest Sustainable Fashion Label in the future.
A future though, of inclusive growth and
alignment to nature, for the well-being of humanity.
"Your Journey has led to empowerment of thousands of rural artisans and you have revived
the best of Indian handicrafts showcasing them to the world.
Your innovative business model is good for the planet, good for women and good for
India's sustainable development"
-The Economic Times Women's Forum(India's lead business paper): Quote on Soil Of India, 2019
1. Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, 2022, recognised for its social contribution to support the
artisans of India, specially during pandemic. @Mukesh Gupta - Founder, Soil of India
2. UN WOMEN FOR CHANGE, 2021 - The World's Largest event for the planet
Speaker @Lavina Sequera - co-founder, Soil of India
3. Eco-Business A-List. One of the 8 most significant Sustainable, Eco Businesses of APAC - 2020, by Eco-Business, Singapore - with S & P Global Trucost. @Lavina Sequera
4. Economic Times Women's Forum 2020 - most influential women of our times
across the region - @Lavina Sequera
5. Global Reporting Initiative and CSRWorks International, Sustainability Reporting Summit, Singapore - 2019. Awarded as one of the 'Sustainability Superwomen of Asia'. @Lavina Sequera
Soil is a destination site
that cares for artisan families,
is concerned for our planet
and the well-being of humanity
SOIL OF INDIA
Sector C-9, #9586, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi-110070, India
+91 9871 449933 or +91 7217 758581
© 2023 SOIL OF INDIA
All Rights Reserved